Train your workforce now! Financial support for up to 83% of costs is available. Ask us how.
COJG Funding For Training: Updated Program SnapShot
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) a popular training grant for Ontario-based employers, is a
government funding for training program that offsets third party employee training expenses.
Employers can select training that meets their workforce development needs and choose the individuals
who participate in the training.
In March 2018 the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG), announced several changes. Among the most
significant effects an increase in the number of businesses who can consider themselves a “small
employer”, resulting in broader funding support for training projects.
Effective immediately, COJG funding will offset up to 83% of training costs to a maximum $10,000 to $15,000 per trainee. Apply today!
Another notable change to the program’s 2018-2019 guidelines is the formalization of the training
programs led by product vendors. As result of this clarification, product vendor will no longer be able to
deliver training on how to use the products/services they provide; rather, they may only provide
general, transferable soft skills training.
What you need to know:
- The Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their workforce.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Large Employers (100+ Employees): up to 50% of eligible training expenses to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee
- Small Employers (<100 Employees): up to 83% of eligible training expenses to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee
- Small Employers Hiring and Training Unemployed Individuals: Up to 100% of eligible training costs to a maximum of $15,000 per trainee.
- Maintain operations in Ontario
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employee Standards Act; and
- Have sufficient Workplace Safety and Insurance (WSIB) or private workplace safety insurance.
How to apply
To receive COJG funding for an upcoming training project, employers must submit a comprehensive
application package. To discuss your business eligibility and learn how to optimize the application
process, fill out the form below: